Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple bleaching procedure.
What are the details of teeth whitening?
It’s safe, quick, and inexpensive. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like to whiten your teeth. You can lighten only your upper teeth or both the upper and lower, depending on how much you show when you talk and smile.
Dental bleaching can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in bleaching technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful brilliant smile. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice, but because of the low cost of bleaching treatments, bleaching is nearly always worth a solid try.
Two ways to have a brighter smile!
- Take and record the shade of your teeth with you.
- Your teeth are cleaned.
- A resin barrier is applied to the gum areas surrounding the teeth to protect your gums from coming into contact with the peroxide gel.
- A hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to each tooth.
- A special light shines on the teeth for 8-10 minutes (optional).
- The gel is removed from your teeth using suction.
- Your dental professional will repeat Steps 3-5 about 2-3 more times.
Key Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Corrects brown, yellow and spotted tooth staining
- Works on people of any age
- Is a near-permanent solution for a dull smile, restoring brightness and brings a smile alive
An impression is taken to make a specialized mouthguard or stent to hold the bleach against the teeth. The material is used each night for about 3-4 hours for a week or two, and at the end of this time, significant whitening will occur. In some cases, the change is nothing short of brilliant. For confidence in appearance, bleaching technology allows us to promise improvements in yellowing, aging or stained teeth. For very severely stained teeth, crowns or porcelain veneers may be more appropriate.
Considerations for Teeth Whitening
Over-the-counter bleaching agents are available for purchase at drug stores and pharmacies. However, since these products can cause harm to the gums and teeth, it’s better to use products that our practice recommends.